Breezy Days: The Story of Us: Shopping for the Ring {Part 19}

Pages

July 23, 2013

The Story of Us: Shopping for the Ring {Part 19}

As I was "patiently" waiting for a ring, I would "casually" bring up the style I liked and what my ring size was. He finally gave in and took me to the University Mall where we perused the different ring stores to try some on...it was surreal! Although, the entire time I could tell that there was something else running through Ryan's mind. After some digging I found out that he was frustrated because he couldn't afford the rings I was looking at. I knew that he had worked really hard the previous summer doing pest control sales to pay for his own schooling/living expenses and that he didn't have the leftover funds to play with.
Hearing his frustrations broke my heart.

What I also knew is that right now we had other financial priorities as a soon-to-be newlywed couple, and a fancy ring just wasn't one of them. He promised that one day he would take me to Italy and re-propose with the ring of my choice {what a sweetheart}. I knew that he would always work hard to support me and our future family, so that was never in question. What he didn't realize is that at the end of the day I wanted him and our life together, not just the ring on my finger.

So that Saturday night, we had a date planned to go ring shopping.
At Wal-Mart.
We were all glammed up in our typical college late-night gear {sweatpants} as we we scoured the jewelry counter at 11 o'clock at night. We treated it like we were at Tiffany's, and Ryan asked the Wal-Mart employee to kindly let me try on whatever ring caught my eye. Ryan and I had a blast going through the different styles and figuring out which ring would best fit me. We finally decided on a 30 dollar crystal encrusted silver ring.

My heart fluttered as we made our way to the check out counter. He was buying the ring he was going to propose to me with, this is a big deal. We are one step closer to being engaged! We checked out with some magazines, my ring, and some Reeses {our favorite candy} to munch on our way home.
Best date night ever?

Now that he has the ring in his hot little hand...when the heck was he finally going to propose?
Maybe at the Lakers/Jazz game we had tickets to on April 1st??

3 comments:

Lilly Katz said...

I love reading the story about you two - can't wait for the next part! :)

Rebekah said...

I love that you were more excited about getting engaged rather than having a fancy ring!

sunflower said...

cliff hanger of the century!!!